Upon notification of an identity theft incident, our professionals will:
- Ascertain the severity of the theft and start the notification process.
- Prepare and send the customized, pre-completed, state-specific "ID Recovery Kit" to the covered member via FedEx overnight.
- Send all necessary electronic notifications.
- Contact all three credit reporting agencies to: obtain a free credit report for the covered member, place fraud alerts on the covered member's credit records, and obtain a list of creditors involved with fraud.
- Submit Special Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors requesting cancellation of member's card and issuance of a new card.
- Notify the appropriate bank or agency if other forms of identification (such as ATM card, driver's license, social security card, or passport) were stolen or missing, so that the appropriate action can be taken & new forms of identification issued.
- Notify local authorities of ID Theft incident and help member obtain necessary reports.
- Follow up with creditors, where needed, to ensure that the matter has been properly handled.
- Provide fraud resolution, legal and emotional assistance from beginning to end.